Monday, September 11, 2006

NEWS FROM AROUND THE GLOBE OF GEORGE... First and foremost, I am getting married on Saturday, September 30th in Mount Upton NY at the United Methodist Church. Ah yes, details! I will be legally and matrimonially joining my life with Brenda Ann Donaloio. To friends and relatives, she is already known as my better half, constant companion and mentor, to those only familiar with my music and creative endeavors, she is known to you as my MANAGER. In reality, that term applies to all aspects of my life.

In related news, I will soon be elected to the Board of Directors of the Strand Theatre at 2317 Ship's Mechanic Row (a fancy name for Mechanic Street across from the ritzy Tremont House Hotel). After years of changing management regimes, they appear to have a solid one and I will be gratified to be a board member. I hope to be producing some of my plays and teaching acting classes should this materialize.

A music producer in Houston will be meeting with me to discuss my recording songs in the studios there and/or producing and marketing demos of my material to established artists!

John Kay and Steppenwolf, my favorite band and a primary influence, will be appearing at the Lone Star Rally here in Galveston the first week of November.

More to come soon....

No comments: