Saturday, August 25, 2007

THE ROCK AND ROLL SINGER RETURNS


THE ROCK AND ROLL SINGER CD!
MY newest old CD, or oldest new CD, that is to say, my latest CD release of previously recorded material ships Wednesday the 21st (March) from NY.The disc is called "Rock and Roll Singer" because in those days, that's what I was. Recorded at SoundMasters Studios, ACA Studios and Studio B, all in Houston, the songs are a retrospective from 1975 - 1982.



The first 6 cuts were single records (45's to those under a hundred and over 50) and the rest of the twelve songs were recorded for the album "Made To Be Played", released in 1983. A number of musicians played on the songs, and sadly, three are no longer with us. However, my good friend Tom Harrison - Madison Texas Rhythm Assassin (drummer that is), and guitarist/singer as well, is still in touch and helping stoke the fires of my long dormant musical recording career.



Joe Alford played bass, guitar and sang background vocals, and was former bassist for Collin Raye's band was my musical fraternal twin during those years, John Bember, long time neighbor (drums); Bob Glass (drums); Johnny Gaertner, lead guitarist on "Elayne" and "It's Up To You" and leader of my first rock 'n roll band Uncle Jak, is an executive with Champion Paper Company, among the others, but these were and remain great friends and valuable influences.



There are several "classics", among my legion of fan, that is. "Sweet & Brutal", "Elayne", "Maybe I'm Fallin'", "Indiana Red", "No Woman" and the title track "Rock and Roll Singer".My wife Brenda loves these tunes and took it upon herself to produce this retrospective and get it out there before she becomes a city councilwoman and has no time or sense left.I rediscovered these tracks, and for the most parts, the master tapes were in pretty good shape and the productions on most hold up very well, as it's been so long, 70's style record sounds are coming back, although now musician's have access to better garages.




As with all my CD's, you can buy Rock and Roll Singer at www.cdbaby.com/all/georgedouglaslee


Stay tuned for more....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great work.